Paddington Churches Housing Association - Ernest Harriss House
|Name:||Paddington Churches Housing Association - Ernest Harriss House|
|Address:||61 Elgin Avenue London, W9 2BX|
|Telephone:||020 7289 3931|
|Fax:||0207 289 8052|
|Contact:||Georgina James - Senior Sheltered Scheme Manager|
|Opening hours:||Mon-Fri 9am-5pm|
|Telephone hours:||Mon-Fri 9am-5pm|
Social housing block (sheltered housing) with support for people of 60 years of age and over. Facilities include:
- 61 flats. A mixture of self-contained bedsits and one bedroom flats.
- Non-resident management staff and community alarm service.
- Lift, lounge, laundry, guest facilities.
- Rent (social landlord). Please call for details.
- Suitable for wheelchair users (ramps and lifts)
- Each flat has a Piper/Community alarm and door entry phone system.
- Two lifts serve all 4 floors.
- Two sheltered schemes.
- Scheme Facilities: Lounge, kitchen, laundry room and a hairdressers.
- Scheme Activities: Regular bingo, weekly coffee mornings, chair exercises, Zumba classes, and singing. Both residents and non-residents can use the facilities for leisure activities. External groups come in.
Local Amenities: Post Office and local shops are 1/2 mile away.
Local Leisure Facilities: ubilee and Porchester Centres, both 1 1/2miles away. St Peters Church is adjacent to the Block. Bingo is available at Lydford Road; Paddington Recreation Ground is 1/2 mile away; Westminster's Adult Education Service is based 1/2 mile away in Amberley Road.
Non-residents can attend House events which include:
- Monthly coffee mornings and beetle drives.
- Age UK arranges social activities at their Day Centre in the basement of the Block.
ROOM HIRE: Yes. Speak to the Housing Manager for details.
Also see WELDIS entry for "Paddington Churches Housing Association".
Wheelchair Access: Yes. Tenants are able to use wheelchairs in the scheme and some have scooters.
How to get there: Tube - Maida Vale or Westbourne Park. Buses - 6, 28, 31, 36 and 46.