Text phone online - Your Questions and Answers
What is Textphone-Online?
A way for deaf and hard of hearing people to contact Westminster Council via the internet.
It works like an instant messaging service letting you have 'real time' written conversations with the Council.
Who can use Textphone-Online?
Anyone who is deaf or hard of hearing.
People who are not deaf or hard of hearing are asked to use the information in the A-Z of Council Services
to contact the Council.
What can I use Textphone-Online for?
To access Westminster Council services that include:
- Electoral services
- Environmental services - waste collection and recycling
- Libraries - opening hours and renewing books
- Parking - fines and permits
- Planning enquiries
- Registrars services - births, deaths, marriages
- Social Services equipment and Freedom Pass information
What do I need to use Textphone-Online?
Please note that you will need, as a minimum:
- Internet explorer 5.5 (SP2+),6.x, 7.x or 8.x or higher
- Mozilla 1.2.1, 1.3, 1.4 or 1.4.1
- Netscape 4.7.x, 6.2.2 or 7
- Hardware requirements: Pentium 166MHz or faster processor with a minimum of 125MB free disk space and minimum of 48MB of RAM
- Sun Microsystems Java Runtime Environment version 1.6 or later installed on your computer (more information).
This can be downloaded from http://www.java.com/en/download/
- https certificate error please accept the certificate error
If you are still having difficulty running Textphone-Online after reading through this site, please visit www.texbox.co.uk
Terms and Conditions
See the Terms and Conditions
for Westminster City Council's website.
Other ways to contact the Council
- Social Services 020 7641 8222
- All Other Services - 020 7641 8000
- Text messaging service - 0779 788 2705 (for brief questions)
- Sign video (connected to a BSL interpreter) at the City Hall One Stop Service, 64 Victoria Street, London. SW1e 6QP
- via our website Contact forms
- or via E-mail to Westminster Customer Services